What We Do
The Aberystwyth and District Branch of Cats Protection will advise on all matters of cat welfare:
- We take in unwanted and abandoned cats, or those that need rehoming for various reasons, and match them with loving homes
- We help those on low incomes, students and retired persons with the cost of neutering
- We provide veterinary care for ill or injured stray cats who have no one to care for them
When we find a cat, we keep him or her for a minimum of two weeks, and we advertise here in case an owner is looking for them. After that, the cat is neutered, vaccinated and then placed up for adoption.
- We arrange the neutering of feral colonies
- We advertise lost & found cats from the local area, in the hopes of reuniting them with their owners
If you are concerned about the welfare of a stray cat, please phone us on 01970 822120.
Unfortunately we do not have the resources to deal with cruelty cases. If you have concerns over the neglect or ill-treatment of a cat, please call the RSPCA on 0300 1234999 or 01239 810595.